The average age of an insurance broker: 65 years. The average HR department: using spreadsheets. You might wonder how can this be true, and what kind of changes are due. We did too.
And we weren’t alone. Backed by Y-Combinator and some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, Humi is changing the way that insurance is bought and sold, while reframing how the world thinks of HR. Our standout software has helped Humi to quickly become Canada's leading all-in-one HR platform for small and medium sized businesses. Over 1,500 business now use Humi to manage everything from recruiting to performance, and everything in between.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer at Humi, you will apply your passion for technology and business in our quest to impact millions of lives through an innovative world-class HR platform. In this deeply technical and business-minded position, you’ll architect, implement, and evolve Humi's systems with a talented team of like-minded peers.
With great influence on the product, you’ll be challenged with the rewarding tasks of understanding Humi's customers, curating an amazing product experience, and championing the Humi vision. We're searching for people with the mindset and capability to lead the product in unique directions, and take ownership over significant product lines that are yet to come.
- Gather requirements and estimate complexity of feature development
- Consistently meet sprint velocity expectations
- Introduce high impact code to our core APIs and frontend web application, while minimizing and mitigating software bugs and development risks
- Refactor and maintain existing production code
- Design and architect data tables and schemas, ensuring data integrity, privacy, and security
- Perform thorough code reviews and advocate team code ownership
- Quickly and effectively debug application errors, minimizing impact to customers
- Mentor other developers and promote skill growth
- Maintain a clean, refactorable, and extendable code base
- Promote a culture of personal and professional growth
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and colleagues
- Advocate and implement best practices for development and testing
- Continue to improve sprint velocity over time
- Elite Ruby on Rails skills
- Strong understanding of web APIs
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with front-end frameworks (ideally Ember or Angular)
- Proven competencies in SQL and data storage (we use MySQL, Postgres, AWS Services)
- Ability to perform code reviews, quickly debug application errors, and a general understanding of code design styles
Our mission is to give Canadian organizations the tools needed to foster their greatest asset: Their employees. As a group, we are builders and boundary pushers. We're building the company of our dreams and in turn learning how to help others build theirs.
We offer competitive salary, equity ownership, group benefits, and an awesome work environment; downtown Toronto at the OneEleven shared space. We're a diverse group of guys and girls, with a common interest in doing the right thing, constantly finding ways to improve, and helping other companies offer a great experience like the one we believe we've built for ourselves.
Above all else, we love working with people who enjoy their job and strive to do their best!