The average age of an insurance broker: 65 years. The average HR department: using spreadsheets. You might wonder how can this be true, and what kind of changes are due. We did too.
And we weren’t alone. Backed by Y-Combinator and some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, Humi is changing the way that insurance is bought and sold, while reframing how the world thinks of HR. Our standout software has helped Humi to quickly become Canada's leading all-in-one HR platform. Over 1,500 business now use Humi to manage everything from recruiting to performance, and everything in between.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer at Humi, you will apply your passion for technology and business in our quest to impact millions of lives through an innovative world-class HR platform. In this deeply technical and business-minded position, you’ll architect, implement, and evolve Humi's systems with a talented team of like-minded peers.
With great influence on the product, you’ll be challenged with the rewarding tasks of understanding Humi's customers, curating an amazing product experience, and championing the Humi vision. We're searching for people with the mindset and capability to lead the product in unique directions, and take ownership over significant product lines that are yet to come.
- Writing new application code for our core product API and frontend web application
- Designing and architecting new features
- Scaling and enhancing existing modules
- Advocating and implementing best practices for development and testing
- Mentoring junior developers on the team and promoting skill growth
- Elite object oriented PHP skills (we use Laravel)
- Strong understanding of web APIs
- Experience with front-end frameworks (ideally Ember or Angular)
- Proven competencies in SQL and data storage (we use MySQL, Postgres, AWS Services)
- Ability to perform code reviews, quickly debug application errors, and a general understanding of code design styles
Our mission is to give Canadian organizations the tools needed to foster their greatest asset: Their employees. As a group, we are builders and boundary pushers. We're building the company of our dreams and in turn learning how to help others build theirs.
We offer competitive salary, equity ownership, group benefits, and an awesome work environment; downtown Toronto at the OneEleven shared space, with ping pong, Friday drinks, even a hammock and some sweet plants. We're a diverse group of guys and girls, with a common interest in doing the right thing, constantly finding ways to improve, and helping other companies offer a great experience like the one we believe we've built for ourselves.
Above all else, we love working with people who enjoy their job and strive to do their best!